Thursday, October 14, 2010

Wordle

Have you discovered wordle?

I'm in love.

Wordle is a program that generates a word map in which the size of words is determined by the frequency of their use. You can copy and paste text or paste the URL from any website with an RSS feed (like this one). Give it a try!

I ran this wordle from my last running post on Tuesday...
And this wordle is from just entering the blog URL.
How fun is this???

There's been a lot of discussion in the healthy living blog world about what message we're really presenting. I've seen some sort of response to the Marie Claire article on almost every blog I read. Maybe wordle is a fun accountability measure? It's silly, I know, but it sort of makes a great point. I mean, do we really talk about butter that much?

And if nothing else, it makes for a fun graphic.

So what would your wordle say about you?

*Side Note* I ran a wordle on some of my favorite blogs and was a little disappointed. Peas and Thank You, however, did not disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment