Monday, September 27, 2010

getting you through the day

It was one of those mornings. 
This morning, I woke up, and felt the burden to be a good wife/mom/lady - but no ability to do any of those things. I was just too burnt out.
The only remedy I knew was some quiet time reading and praying and nutella pumpkin pancakes. To be honest with you - it didn't HAVE to be nutella pumpkin pancakes. 
It just needed to be something that I could make that would feel like a celebration for my family, something I could make well and figuratively just give them a little hug though their tummies. 


It worked. 




Not vegan. Not low-fat or low-calorie. Not light on love either. 
I even used half and half instead of almond milk. 
Because it was one of those days that I needed to use cuddling over "please-watch-the-tv-while-I-do-blank" and on those days, lavishing your babes with pancakes seems fitting. 



What is for you, today?
What's the extra excitement that will add inspiration? 
What can you do well to make the world a little fuller? 




If it's nutella pumpkin pancake's - here's my recipe: 
Nutella Pumpkin Pancakes
2 cups flour of your choice
1.5 cups milk of your choice
handful of dry oats
.5 cup of canned pumpkin
2 eggs
2 tbsp honey
2 tablespoons baking powder
sprinkle of salt
squirt of vanilla
dash of cinnamon, nutmeg
3 tbs oil of choice
generous, generous dollop of nutella

1 comment:

  1. I just had an exciting moment, just seconds ago. I've got baked apples in the oven and have never made anything quite like these before so wasn't sure what to expect. I had been smelling them for some time and was able to pry Russ from his writings to unveil what lie beneath the tin foil for an almost done basting. I am so glad he was there because we shared a really fun time as my response was rather giddy and exclamatory, I might have even said something I shouldn't have had there been tiny people in the kitchen. I can not wait to enjoy these in the morning over some plain yogurt mixed with yogurt and cinnamon. I might just have a hard time falling asleep tonight I'm so excited. This was a fun food moment for Monday.

    ReplyDelete