Thursday, August 26, 2010

Tuna Burgers!

I adore tuna. Cooked, raw, whateva. And now, burgers. This recipe was inspired by the one and only Karen Lambe. She's a real peach.
(In the future, I would add a little more onion. The flavor here was a bit mild, so it needs a little punch--what do you think?)

  • 2 frozen tuna steaks, thawed, diced as finely as you can (A food processor would help here. I keep trying to win fancy appliances over there from P-Dub, but so far, no luck.)



















  • 1 or 2 green onions (fresh from Luna Farm, of course), sliced thinly















  • 1 handful of sesame seeds

















  • a couple of handfuls of bread crumbs, 1 egg, salt and pepper
















  • Use your hands! Mash it up and make yourself some patties! I made three, but could have easily made 4. Or 6 sliders! Who doesn't love sliders?!
















  • teriyaki sauce for the bok choy, sesame oil to fry those burgers




















  • Make sure you saute the stems first, then add the leaves at the end. I could eat teriyaki bok choy all day. All day.















  • Fry the burgers to your liking. I prefer tuna a little rare, but with the egg, you need to reach a safe temperature. 3 minutes per side was perfect for me.



















  • Top with a little fresh tomato and corn relish (About 1 cup of frozen corn thawed, 1 large heirloom tomato diced and some of that fresh green onion + salt and pepper, yumzilla.)



















  • The bok choy didn't photograph well. Oh, but it tasted so good.



















Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. mmm...I'd like to place an order to Korea please. Fed ex is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never win anything from P-Dub either. I'm convinced my life would be better with a food processor. Looks delish love!

    ReplyDelete