Sunday, August 8, 2010

my very own green monster.

Some of my favorite food bloggers seem to be a little smoothie-obsessed. In a good way.
They're always showing off beautiful pictures of their "green monsters" and I get soooo jealous. Jealous, you say? Yup. My blender bit the dust awhile a go and my life has been smoothie-less ever since.


So, one of the major downsides of being on vacation is feeling bloated from eating out and not being in your normal food routine. One of the major upsides is having access to your mom's cute little smoothie blender so you can help fight that major bloatation.

And now - I have green monsters in my life.
And, come on - how much more enjoyable are they on this porch?


my very first green monster recipe.
1/2 banana
1 tbsp honey
1/2 cup of almond milk
1 tbsp almond butter
massive bunch of kale
2 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 cup of blueberries
.... delish!

1 comment:

  1. This weekend I emptied my freezer of frozen fruit and made this: blueberry, raspberry, mango smoothie with TJ's super green juice, plus oats and chocolate chips. You know I'm terrible at measuring. But YUM!

    ReplyDelete