so, summer is coming to an end. hard to believe, right?
few things represent summer more to me than a big ol' mexican feast. and what's a mexican feast without salsa and guacamole?
a failure, that's what.
so here are my two favorite recipes:
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 3-5 tomatillos, depending on size
- 1-2 peppers of choice, depending on how hot you want it, you could leave them out all together.
- 1 whole bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 limes, squeezed dry
- 4-5 garlic cloves, again, depending on taste, i love me some garlic
- 2 cans original rotel
- salt sparingly
- a good bit of fresh pepper
it's as simple as it sounds.
chop your tomatoes, onion, tomatillos, cilantro.
turn your oven on broil, and scorch your peppers, and carefully chop them (scraping out the seeds). maybe take a second and wash your hands after that step. not trying to blind anyone. yikes.
use a garlic press for the garlic cloves, and add to bowl.
add both cans of rotel.
add salt, if needed.
grind some pepper on top.
moving on to the real star of the show:
- 4 good sized (extremely ripe) avocados, scraped from skin and blended
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 large bunch of cilantro, rough chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 tomatillos
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, using garlic press
- 2 juiced limes
- salt and pepper
like the salsa, you just do some chopping, pressing, and stirring and you've got yourself a little bowl of heaven.
oh, and one more thing:
don't forget to enter our giveaway from earlier this week. you've still got ONE MORE DAY!